One Time In Yuma | Sights, sounds and stories accompanying following the joy and knowing that every little thing is gonna be all right.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Happy 23!

Books with extraneous introductory material always vex me a bit even though it is my fault that retentiveness compels me to actually read the entirety of whatever introduction, historical note, editor's note, author's note etc. prefaces the book.

These first few blog posts might seem like those parts of a book before the really good stuff commences, but I did not want to just announce mid-January that, "Hey, I'm in Africa for a year!" and expect this blogaventure to succeed. To be sure, I have stories to share from Portland life! I am working as a barista and customer stories could amply supply material. I have been dragging my feet too much with the support-raising preparations but it is high time I posted this blog information on social media! How else are my 4 Twitter followers going to keep updated? If you are reading this right now, you saw the link on my Facebook page, right? Awesome! If you saw it because you were posting birthday wishes on my timeline - double awesome!

Yes, today is my 23rd birthday! I am officially too old to dress up like a hipster and make fun of exes? Say it isn't so! Don't hate the T-Swift reference, you know you smiled. One year ago I celebrated with my sister and brother-in-law in Florence with dinner followed by a stand-up comedy act. The food was fantastic but live comedy seriously loses something when it's entirely in Italian.

Next September 5 I expect to be celebrating in Nairobi. Check out my first post for an introduction to that trip! How about this, subscribe to email updates for this blog and that will be your fantastic birthday present for me!

Thanks, all! Talk with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment